Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Trees and their ornaments


The above picture is a picture of my parent's Christmas tree. I wasn't there for that Christmas, but I recognize the tree ornaments so well, which make it my family's Christmas tree. Many of the ornaments came from my grandparents. Old ornaments are so unique, you can't buy ones like them anymore. This tree has an angel on top, with a cloth dress and a porcelain head, and hair like a doll. I think it was made in the 1930's or 40's. My sister has it now.


We have our first Christmas tree this year since moving to Oregon. It's small and not very fancy, but it is a cheery presence:



The star is meant for a bigger tree. Perhaps next year?


Related links:


Two Cats Trash a Christmas tree
Two very naughty cats have their way with someone's tree. (This is one of many reasons why OUR cats live outdoors!)

The Chronological History of the Christmas Tree
I thought I already knew this, but their are more details than I imagined.

The Antique Christmas Lights Museum
Even I remember some of this stuff. They don't make'm like this anymore.
     

No comments: