Sunday, October 19, 2008

Joe the Plumber Solidarity & the Silent Majority


From IowaHawk: I AM JOE
[...] Politicians -- Sarah Palin, Bill Clinton, et al. -- obviously have to put up with some rude, nasty shit, but it's right there in the jobs description. Joe the Plumber is different. He was a guy tossing a football with his kid in the front yard of his $125,000 house when a politician picked him out as a prop for a 30 second newsbite for the cable news cameras. [...]

I hope you will join me in expressing a simple bit of solidarity with this guy, Spartacus style. I AM JOE. I am a Wal Mart schlub in flyover country who changes my own oil and unclogs drains without a license. I smoke and drink beer and toss the football in the front yard with my kid, and I figure I can fend my way without handouts from some Magic Messiah's candy bags. Most everyone in my family and most everyone I grew up with is another Joe, and if you screw with them, you screw with me.

Are you a Joe? Say it proud. Leave it on every goddamn newspaper comment section and online forum. Let these pressroom and online thugs know you won't stay silent when they try to destroy the life of a private citizen for speaking his mind -- because for every one of them, there are a million Joe Wurzelbachers. And for that we should all be thankful. [...]

[HT:Tammy Bruce] The media won't dig into or talk about Obama's background with any depth or detail, but they will disect, eviscerate and publicize the intimate details of the life of a literal "Average Joe" who was randomly approached by the Obamasiah, and had the audacity to ask him a question. For that, Joe needs to be destroyed?

Something needs to be destroyed, and it isn't Joe.

I don't claim to be exactly like Joe; I'm probably more of a "new age" redneck. I don't have kids. But I'm a small business owner in rural America. I understand his dream. He's a fellow citizen like me, who expressed an opinion. What the Media and the Obamabots are trying to do to him, they could do to any of us. How DARE they!

Pat has an interesting post on his blog this morning, with some excerpts of an essay called "The Left's Big Blunder":

Don't underestimate the Silent Majority

Follow the link for the quotes, but in short says what I've been thinking for a long time; that there is a silent majority that is being ignored by the media, and all this unfair skewering and bias in the news reporting has not gone unnoticed by them. Neither has events like ACORN's voter fraud financed with Obama's campaign money, or the thuggery by Obama's campaign to silence it's critics. What is happening to Joe the Plumber is just the latest of many attacks against ordinary Americans and their rights.

I'm not certain, but I think there may indeed be a silent majority that is taking all this in, regardless of whatever the media is saying. I think what's happening to Joe, plus so many other injustices, is rubbing them the wrong way, and we are going to see it reflected in the election results.


Related Links:

Operation Destroy Joe the Plumber

Obama, ACORN, and the attempted cover-up

Obama, ACORN, Wright & Ayers all tie together

     

2 comments:

Walker said...

It's unbelievable!!

Chas said...

I'd like to say, "If John McCain wins this election, I'll never believe another thing the polls or the Media says." But the fact is, I started doubting them a long time ago.

I makes you wonder how many other things they are twisting, distorting and lying about for their own purposes.