Saturday, January 17, 2009

Hugs and kisses... from a Lion?

Yes, it's true. I got this email with a video recently:

READ THIS BEFORE WATCHING THE VIDEO:

THIS WOMAN IN THE VIDEO FOUND THIS LION INJURED IN THE FOREST READY TO DIE.

SHE TOOK THE LION WITH HER AND NURSED THE LION BACK TO HEALTH. WHEN THE LION WAS BETTER SHE MADE ARRANGEMENTS WITH A ZOO TO TAKE THE LION AND GIVE IT A NEW AND HAPPY HOME.

THIS VIDEO WAS TAKEN WHEN THE WOMAN, AFTER SOME TIME, WENT TO GO VISIT THE LION TO SEE HOW HE WAS DOING.

WATCH THE LION'S REACTION WHEN HE SEES HER...... AMAZING!!!!!

I wish I was her.......I have always wanted a lion!




It's a nice video, but I thought, where does a Colombian woman find a lion injured in the forest, ready to die? How does a wild lion become so friendly? I had doubts about the email's story, and was going to "Snopes" it, but then I found the video below on Youtube, as part of a BBC story:



It seems the woman runs an animal sanctuary in Colombia. She did indeed rescue the lion... from a circus. It was ill, and she nourished it back to health. And like so many abused animals who get rescued, he's very grateful!
     

1 comment:

ZZMike said...

"Androcles and the Lion" updated to the 21st century.

Amazing!